Applying for MBE Certification at NOMSDC, consists of the following steps. This process can take up to 45 days. Click on the image on the right to enlarge and see an illustration of the process.
Your business is:
- FILLING OUT THE CERTIFICATION APPLICATION - Certification begins with the application. You may take as long as necessary to complete the application. Your application will be saved for your next session. Please note that this is completely confidential.
- APPLICATION FEE - You pay your application fee by credit card or by mailing a check to us. Your application will be processed upon receipt of payment.
- SENDING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION VIA POSTAL MAIL NOMSDC - requires specific supporting documentation to complete the Certification process. These documents must be sent via postal mail and/or you can hand deliver them to the NOMSDC office.
- APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REVIEWED FOR COMPLETENESS.
- CONDUCTING SITE VISIT NOMSDC - will perform a site visit to review your business premises and conduct a personal interview with the company owner(s). This step is performed by a Certification Specialist and the applicant.
- COMMITTEE REVIEW - The Certification Committee meets monthly to review applications for MBE Certification. The Committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the Board for final approval.
- BOARD REVIEW - The Board will review the Certification Committee's recommendation and make the final decision. If the Board rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved you will be notified by e-mail and postal mail.
Where can you apply?
You can apply for an MBE Certification. Before you can apply online, you must first register.